Thursday, February 27, 2020

Wardens of Eternity





Wardens of Eternity
By: Courtney Moulton

Rating: 2 wine glasses




I am upset. I was pumped about this book coming out, and honestly expected it to be quite wonderful because Courtney’s Angelfire trilogy is great. I have been looking for a new release from her for AGES, so when Wardens of Eternity hit my radar I was prepared. What I wasn’t prepared for was disappointment. I couldn’t finish this book. I got halfway through and just knew it wasn’t going to get better.

First off, this book isn’t terrible, it’s just plain. I didn’t connect with any of the characters, all of them fall very flat. Ziva, the main character, seemed cool in the beginning, and gosh, I wanted to like her so so badly. But no. There is no spark to any of these characters which is so sad because Courtney spends mass amounts of time on details that hold no real importance to readers. Like I’m so happy that sword is pointy and very good at cutting things, but I don’t want to read about it forever. More time should have been spent on character development. And because there was a lack of character development the romance was like watching two stick figures fall in love. Also, it was insta love, so nothing shocking to see here folks.

The final straw for me was Ziva’s transformation from a skinny, starving girl to glorious badass all within like four days. I’m sorry, whhaaaat? So unrealistic, in WHAT WORLD does that happen? No one learns how to be a ninja in four days, especially if they were just starving four days prior.

The premise for this was promising, Egyptian Gods are cool, the idea was just poorly executed. I’m not counting Courtney Moulton out because of this book though, it’s one bad book. So I will still be watching out for her in the future. However, if you’re looking for a badass angel book, read Angelfire by her, it’s at least worth your time!


Stay Drunk…on Books,
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment