Thursday, February 20, 2020

It's Been A Long Long Time....

It's been four years since I wrote my last blog post. School was my excuse, and for the first year of college it truly was impossible to find time, and that reason stood. However, as the years progressed, I kept pushing it off, claiming to be busy, but I now know I was scared. I was scared of coming back to a space I didn't think I belonged to anymore. The blogging world is a circle, you meet great people, you read amazing books, you write fun reviews, it's honestly a pleasure, but as the time went on and I lost touch with people the more I felt isolated and the more the voice in my head changed to, "no one wants to hear from you years later, so don't bother, you've been forgotten anyways."
And I listened to that voice for a long time, but I was never a big shot blogger, and this blog was always about doing it because I wanted to. And the thing is, I do want to, so I'm resurrecting myself. I am passionate about books and about writing. I'm happy to reclaim my blog, and I'm hoping to come back stronger than ever.
Can't wait to reconnect and continue to meet all the amazing bookish people.

Stay Drunk.....on Books,

Steph

4 comments:

  1. LETS GET DRUNK!!!! WELCOME BACK!��

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! :) Didn't know you from before, but welcome back! 🥳

    ReplyDelete
  3. I happened to head over to see the blogs I follow (after a while of not checking) & I saw that you had posted a couple of things. You're back! I left the book blogging world years ago. In fact, 2016 was the last time I wrote a blog post too, haha. I stopped reading for a bit because of college, but I'm back into it now. I mostly write my thoughts on Goodreads now (which I've noticed you're updates :)) & I have an instagram account dedicated to books which has been fun.

    I'll pop up on here every now & then so looking forward to reading more of your reviews & things :D

    ReplyDelete