Friday, September 5, 2014

Tear you Apart


Tear You Apart



          


         

        By Sarah Cross


(Net galley gave me this ARC for an honest review)


Rating: 2 wine glasses




I'm going to start this review off by saying how much I adore this cover! It's absolutely beautiful, and it goes with the story perfectly. (Snow White and those dang poison apples)


I've always loved fairy tales; in fact I'm a huge fan of Once Upon A Time, Disney stories, and other retellings. I LOVED Kill Me Softly by Sarah Cross. That's what made me want to read Tear You Apart so badly, and when I got the ARC I wanted to pee myself, the excitement was so real. So you can understand why I'm so incredibly upset to say that I couldn't even finish this book, and it took me a good couple hours to really figure out what I didn't like about it. It was just a bunch of little things in the beginning, but there just ended up being one huge problem that I couldn't possibly overlook. I didn't like Viv, and she’s the main character. She was a GREAT side character in Kill Me Softly. And I prefer her to stay a side character. Rude, maybe. But she just wasn't an interesting MC. She's was just this whinny annoying little girl, I honestly don't know what Henley saw in her. She's has very little redeeming quality, so you can understand when I say reading about her and being in her mind was not fun. I feel like 75% of the words that came out of her mouth was her complaining about how awful her life was, or saying something rude. And yes, I know she's cursed, and she deserves to vent and be disappointed that the man she loves is supposed to kill her. I get it, really I do, but it was too much. Viv doesn't remind me of a princess, she belongs on some drama filled reality TV. show


Now Viv wasn't the only thing that irked me in this book, the plot just UGHHHH. "WAIT, STEPHANIE WHAT PLOT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?" "The almost NONEXISTENT one?" "Yes, the almost nonexistent plot."  I felt like nothing was planned out in this book, there wasn't enough organization and the plot just jumped off a cliff from the get go. There was so much repetition I was so bored. She just keeps doing the same thing over and over and over and over again. (See how annoying that is.)


Now, this book isn't all bad. Sure I wasn't a fan of it, but I loved Henley, he was so kind and Viv the whiner doesn't deserve to have him. He was one of the only reasons this book gets two wine glasses. I also liked the whole fairy tale aspect; she just didn't execute it well.


There was so much potential and I know Sarah Cross can write, I've read Kill Me Softly. I'm just going to toss this book in the "crap happens sometimes" bucket. I still look forward to seeing what she comes out with. After all this is only her second book.
Stay Drunk....On Books.
 Love, Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment