Thursday, December 24, 2015

Demons in Disguise

Demons in Disguise


By: A&E Kirk

Rating: 4 Wine Glasses



  This series is seriously underrated.

I’ve been thinking this from the moment I finished the first book and it still echoes in my thoughts even now that I’m done with the third one. I don’t feel like enough people are aware of just how FAN-FREAKING-FASTIC this series is…and that kind of makes me slightly upset. I know writing a review won’t make this series blow up over the country, but I just want people to be aware of just how much they are missing out on by not reading it.

I’m utterly engrossed in the character that is Aurora Lahey.  She has been the ultimate reason for me loving this series as much as I do. Loving the main character is so incredibly important and A&E Kirk made it absolutely impossible to hate this one. She’s relatable, she has spunk, she’s slightly awkward and incredibly clumsy - so yeah, I kind of feel like Aurora and I would hit it off really well.

 I’ve been hexed by the lovely hex boys.


The Hex boys are just another reason that I am so in love with this series. This group of guys are all so different, that just reading about how they interact and deal with each other is hilarious. I’ve obviously become a bit more attached to a few of them * cough* Ayden, Matthias *cough * but trust me when I say that I care deeply for all of them. There friendship is something that you can’t help but admire.

Now, you know how there are some books where you’re just like, “ Where the heck is this kids family? Well, I’m so happy to inform you that A&E Kirk make sure you’re aware this girl does in fact have a living breathing family- plus they are a hilarious group of people. I can’t get over half of the scenes that happen with her siblings. Usually families somehow are an issue in writing, but A&E Kirk made the family not only fit into Aurora life but also really expanded on it in a positive way.

The plot for this book was a bit different from the first two, we had a new- very important- character introduced…and let me just say. WOW. I don’t think I’ve ever wanted to jump ship like this for any other book than Heir of Fire, so this guy was just that well done. I don’t know how this is going to affect the next book, but I’m slightly dying inside from not knowing. He MADE this book for me. If there was a book MVP award he would win. (Right next to Aurora, of course). It got to a point where I was just like, “He needs to be around all the time, if he leaves he needs to be back in 5 pages because withdrawal is real.”


This book just solidified how positive I am that this series is too good to not be in every ones hand now. I can’t speak highly enough on how much I’ve fallen for not only the fantastic plot, but these character that are sure to pull you in and keep you for good.

4 comments:

  1. Goodness! We are just so flattered and complimented and what a wonderful Chistmas gift of a review! You have spread the christmas joy to us and all who read this amazing review!

    We are thrilled that you love and can relate to Aurora. You two would be total besties. And we love that you love the Hex Boys (some a little more than others) and we are very happy that you loved Cristiano! We are never sure with new characters and especially with this one!

    Your fabulous review makes all the difference to us and in the end you will help make this series more and more of a success! This is a marathon and we are in it for the long haul and with fans like you we already feel like we are huge winners! You make this series a success and we feel the love! Thank you and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Eileen! Us readers are so incredibly lucky to have such amazing writers out there! I hope you had a very Merry Christmas! :) Thank for reading my review! *Hugs*

      Delete
  2. I feel like such an idiot for not seeing this book had been released but I don't care BECAUSE I NEED IT NOW!! *runs in circles* It's great to hear you loved it :) excuse me while I go buy it... XD
    Enchanted by YA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!!!! I hope that you love it as much as I did, Anna! Thank for stopping by! :)

      Delete