Sunday, November 22, 2015

Adios, Tributes!

My Thoughts and Feelings of Mockingjay 

(and the Hunger Games being over in general)



I feel the strong need to talk (VENT) about the movie Mockingjay Part II. AND, I can promise no spoilers, and Jennifer Lawrence Gifs.



So this is the end, guys. <---That was pretty much my thoughts the entire movie. Yes, I followed the story line and made sure to pout when they didn't follow the book, but honestly I was just stuck in the never ending line of thinking that these 4 years have come and gone far to fast. Didn't the first movie just come out? WHERE IS THE TIME GOING? I feel like my entire childhood is disappearing before my eyes and this movie was like a slap in the face. It's over. Walking out of that theater was like signaling my defeat and accepting it's ending (So obviously I was very slow moving out of that theater.)


This movie was a decent conclusion. I pictured it differently, but nothing ever turns out the way you think it will. It followed MOST of the books storyline, but there were plenty of time that I was giving death glares to certain scene. Oh, and I think you should know that wasn't a big fan of the book Mockingjay from the get-go, so I wasn't excepting to be totally blown away with this movie.( I wasn't). I really think since I didn't like the books, it only makes sense that I' m not floored by the movie.


There were cheesy scenes, guys. LIKE BIG FAN SECOND HAND EMBARRASSMENT CHEESY SCENES. I was just like, "This is horrific, why?" When I watch all the other movies I never got that "Cheesy vibe" but it was coming off in waves on this one guys. BIG WAVES. So, just a warning to all the people who haven't seen it, you might be cringing at some scenes.



Now, we all know that there are some deaths in this conclusion, and I was satisfied with about 75% of them. (Because they followed the book). There is one death that just wasn't done right. AT. ALL. and I want to have words with the director about it because it's not enough.


Overall, I would give this movie a 3.5/5 stars. It was a solid conclusion, and it still made me cry. (A lot). It's just hard officially letting go of these characters.

Holds out three fingers and *Whistles*


Stay Drunk...on Books,

2 comments:

  1. I haven't seen the movie yet! So I was terrified to read this post at first. I kind of don't want to watch this last movie because it will give a definite finality to The Hunger Games, and I'm so not ready for that.

    xx Anna (New follower)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely understand! Thanks for stopping by, Anna! :)

      Delete