Sunday, August 2, 2015

Every Last Breath


Every Last Breath



By: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Rating: 4.5 wine Glasses


Before I turn into a sobbing mess, you all need to know that JLA is one of my ALL TIME FAVORITE AUTHORS OF EVER, so finishing this series was difficult. VERY. VERY. DIFFICULT.
However, that didn’t change the fact that the moment it came out I bought the ibook because I knew I wouldn’t get the physical book in the mail until..well today. I mean, come on, who wants to wait that long for a JLA book? Not this desperate girl over here. That’s for sure. So now I have the ibook, AND A SIGNED COPY OF EVERY LAST BREATH!!!!
I regret nothing.

Oh, and I am going to try to write this review without spoilers! (Even though not talking about the guy she ended up with is very difficult)

First off, ELB (Every Last Breath) was an amazing conclusion to the Dark Elements series, you have the classic JLA swooning romance, some series butt whoppin’, and the plot comes full circle. You OBVIOUSLY find out who she ends up with, but MY LIPS ARE SEALED.  (if some of you have finished and want to talk about it email me! PLEASE)
Now, since I can’t talk about the guys, I cant really talk about the majority of this book, because well lets face it….the majority of this book was romance.
Yes yes…the plot was wonderful and great and all things mighty but it was secondary in this book. This books main focus was most definitely on establishing who Layla choose as her man for life and ever and ever.

Because I don’t want to create this review into a giant spoiler mess, I’m going to state a few things I liked..then make a SUPERNATURAL gif review. (Dedicated to Jens love for Supernatural)

CAYMEN. Wow people. This dude wasn’t even that main of a character but I LOVED him. If Jen wrote a book about him I already know I would be highly amused. I want a Caymen. I really want a Caymen, mainly because he ALWAYS has the best lines. “For realsies.”

The oricale kid is wonderful. He likes chicken. He's ten, and he pretty much rules the world with his magnificent powers. Jens always been good at writing in younger snarky characters, and I adore them. ALWAYS. EVERY TIME.

Lastly, The plot really did finish off well. There were a few things that were predictable, but for the most part I feel like the entire trilogy was its own kinda unique and Jen really rocked this conclusion.


Now…For my Little Supernatural Gif Review….



The instant you open the book you're all like...




There is some moments with the familiars...


Like I said, there is a some predictable stuff...

Whenever the Lilin comes around..


 Layla snarkiness...


 Some scenes are just...


 But, there's also moments when...

 and some of this...


However, in the end you will be telling Jen..



And you will most definitely tell her this..


6 comments:

  1. Haha! That's exactly how I felt while reading it! I'm so scared to right a review because I'm worried that I'll spoil things but I just want to talk about it so badly!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how you feel Lizzie, that's why I picked the easy GIF review. I tried my best to avoid any spoilers when writing this, but even that was hard.

      Delete
  2. Great review! I've got to make time for this series. Love the Supernatural touch. Go Sam and Dean!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! Those boys are just *SWOON*
      P.s. Big fan of your books! <3

      Delete
  3. I loved this review!! Followed you through GFC and I love your blog! Just thought you should know, keep doing what you are doing because your blog is amazing!

    Theepika @ just--that--girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww. Thank you so much Theepika! It's so wonderful to hear that! :)
      Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete