Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Black Ice


Black ice

By: Becca Fitzpatrick
Rating: 5 Wine Glasses

Let me first start off by saying that Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick was one of the first books to make me absolutely adore and love reading. So when I found of that she was writing another book, I screamed, and danced, and all that happy stuff.


Now if you've read her book you know that she can write one killer prologue, and you are instantly hooked. This book started just the way she likes it, and I think she enjoys torturing us with this prologue personally because I was scared out of my freaking mind, it was just that well written. Sure the creepy factor was at a high, but hello I NEEDED ANSWERS TO ALL THIS MADNESS!!


You dive right in after that, head freaking first because honestly the only thing that matters once you pick up this book is finishing it. It's just that good. The plot was absolutely chilling (pun totally intended).


I've always loved Beccas ability to create characters, and this MC, Britt, was perfectly imperfect. I loved seeing everything from her point of view, and watching her grow in those long four days in the mountains. She was a daddy's girl in the beginning, and was pretty dependent.  So watching her gain independence was just so satisfying. Britt defiantly had flaws, and she kinda struggled with some things, but she kept a pretty straight head while in the mountains. Her ability to maintain control is something I wish I could harbor, you know if I'm ever kidnapped and had my abilities tested in the mountains. Now let's talk about that hottie MASON, my gosh Becca you just kill me with your men. UGH. I seriously can't stand reality, mason my gosh. You have to understand this guy is just such a tortured soul, and we women love our tortured souls.

He was just a perfect love interest, and I totally didn't blame Britt for falling in love with her capture one bit, nope, not one tiny bit. Sure, in the beginning of the book I was screaming about how much I love/hate him, because he just so confusing. I could not figure him out and I really just wanted to know all his secrets. And I'm telling you this now: YOU DO WANT TO KNOW HIS SECRETS, VERY BADLY.  He had that perfect level of mystery coming off him, and you couldn't help but be interested. Unlike mason, is this annoying chick named Korbie, who also happened to be Britts BFFL. My gosh, I COULD NOT STAND HER. I was just waiting for someone to gag her, especially when they were kidnapped. I was actually looking forward to them gagging her. (Of course it never happened, *sigh*). The only reason I was okay with Korbies existence at all was because I'm pretty positive, like 98% that Becca wanted you to hate her guts. Well, Becca I congratulate you because I hate this girl more than the SATS. She was the most whinny, selfish, naive child of life. Now her brother Calvin, well I'm going to be vague, but I'll leave it at this: He needs to step on Legos, lots of them.

The plot for this book was just remarkable, and she really did a fabulous job of making it perfectly intricate. I was caught up on so many things. It's like one big jumbled puzzle and all you can think about is solving it. And trust me you will, because you will not be able to put this book down.

7 comments:

  1. Great review!! I can't wait to dive into this one :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Eileen!! I'm sure you will love it. :)

      Delete
    2. Oh, Eileen. Fancy seeing you here!

      Delete
  2. Hi,
    I tagged you in the Ultimate Book Tag! Follow the link to learn more!

    http://wonderstruck-kcks.blogspot.com/2014/10/ultimate-book-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really excited to read this before reading your review. Totally pumped to read it after reading your review. Thanks, girl! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWW! I'm so happy you loved it! I know you will love the book!! :)

      Delete